Monday, January 12, 2015

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Published on: December 31, 2012
Published by: Pamela Dorman Books/ Viking 
Pages: 369 
Genre: Fiction, Adult
Get the book: Goodreads, Buy the book


Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


Wow oh wow! I decided to read this book because I have heard nothing but amazing things about this author and in particularly this book. If I am being honest, I went into this book expecting it to be chick lit but I was surprised by something totally different.

This book was a beautiful, heart wrenching & breaking book. Jojo Moyes has a beautiful way with words and she makes you fall in love with all of the characters. She sucks you into the story and keeps hold of you until the book is done.

Lou was such a spunky, likeable character. She loves her ordinary, humdrum life and it's thrown upside down when the place where she works shuts down. Since her family is hard on money she accepts a job as somewhat a caretaker for a guy named Will who is quadriplegic.

Will was a guy who loved nothing more than adventure. He loved skiing, running, anything that was physical & then he gets into a car wreck that shakes his whole world. Will is very rigid as first, I mean why wouldn't he be? 

I loved watching Lou's & Will's relationship develop. I loved their dialogue with each other & how Moyes wrote it so effortlessly. In fact every character in this book was so well written, I just loved them all!

This book has a pretty intense storyline. I won't go into it but it's quite the topic. I wasn't 100% in love with it but I understand. I did love how the whole story wrapped up.

Bottom line- Jojo Moyes has already got me hooked. I immediately want to read all of her books now! 


1 comment:

  1. I've read several books by Moyes now. I have liked them all, but this one still ranks at the top of my list. Still gives me that gut wrenching sigh every time I see the cover.

    ReplyDelete